Thursday, 13 December 2007

Great Gathering

Ha... it was a great gathering today, although i was the only one who actually cooked cos they all have kids n are too busy to cook. er... era doesn have kids, one is on the way though, but era can't cook de, she always brings fruits. kekeke. she is a garang woman, not the niang type like me...

we exchanged presents. era gave us each a christmas CD, ali gave toiletries, eli gave chocolates n liming gave cookies (some almond cookie, she isn't sure too LOL ^^). i gave them each my apple cinnamon cupcake recipe w the ingredients (the pre-weighed ones)...

era: i don't have oven
ali: i also don't have oven
ann: -.- diao... ha??? how can u all not have oven??? then how?
era: but think my mum got a small one...
ali: ya think my toaster oven can... can set temperature one
ann: o...k... n do u have electric mixer?
era: ha?
ann: electric mixer
era: oh... use hand cannot ha?
ann: -.- cannot *unless u want hand to break...* v tiring...
era: can la, use hand la...
ann: k... lor...

haha... they said my gift is v complicated... haha... next time i will just bake for them la. i would have if not for the fact that the meeting was quite last minute n i was feeling a little under the weather the whole of yesterday. didn't feel like eating anything the whole day til dinner. just slept. i had wanted to bake my famous butter cookies cos era loves them but had no time, n no energy. next time ba.

got up at 8am today to cook my beef stew which takes 4 hours to prepare... after they tasted it, they agreed that it was "worth the effort" words like honey to my ears. it's nice when my guests praise my cooking n r sincere about it. ^^ makes the 4 hours melt away... when i cook for people i like, i add a secret ingredient, it's called xin yi. the recipe makes it delicious, the xin yi makes it spectacular. i swear it makes a difference.

they started talking about primary schools, chinese tuition classes, ballet classes, kid's gym... blah blah blah... i just listen lor...

anyway, i still think it was a great gathering... everyone's so happy, with their little families n all... n seeing people i like xing fu, makes me xing fu too ^^