Sunday, 15 February 2009

Best Love Letter

Today on my way to church in a cab, the cab happened to have one of those lil TV sets so i can't help but watch it and they were showing Valentine's Day messages from people to those they love. some are REALLY rou ma *buay tahan*

well, reading those messages reminded me of a love letter i received a long time ago... it's not exactly the very lomantik ala korean drama kind but i felt v v gandong reading it... can say it's my First Love =) nope, it's not chris =P

This is what was written:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Psalm 139:

1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, [a] you are there.

9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"

12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to [b] me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.


which reminds me of a song Your Love by Don Moen and Marty Nystrom. It's an old song so couldn't find it on Youtube or anywhere =( but i know how to sing la hahaha:

Where can I go from Your Spirit?
How can I escape Your love?
Your love for me is deeper than the sea
And higher than the heavens above.

Where can I flee from your presence,
Now that you abide in my heart?
My heart is your home, your temple, your throne,
So what could ever keep us apart?

Chorus:
Your love is higher than the heavens.
Your love is deeper than the ocean.
Nothing in creation could take me away from your love.
Your love, there is nothing greater.
Your love, there is nothing stronger.
You came to me, gave your life
So I could be free.

Who can explain your mercy?
Who can comprehend your ways?
You showed me your grace by taking my place
And washing all my sorrow away.

I just want to live in your presence,
Worship you with all of my heart.
Show me the way, draw me closer each day.
Don’t let anything keep up apart.

Repeat Chorus:

Bridge:
I am persuaded that neither death nor life
Can separate us from the love of Christ.
Nothing in the present and nothing to come
Could take me away from your infinite love.

Repeat Chorus