Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Somewhere Over The Rainbow



Today on my way home from work, I saw people shooting pictures of the sky with their phone cams so instinctively i looked up and HWA!!!!! RAINBOW!!!! TWO some more!!! so i bolted back my office to grab my cam and paparazzi-ed away.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and just stood there to admire the rainbow.


I love rainbows because a rainbow is a reminder of God's covenant. In the story of Noah (as in Noah's Ark), after Noah emerged from the ark, God painted the sky with a rainbow and promised Noah that He will never flood the face of the whole earth to kill all mankind again.

Genesis 9: 12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

I went home humming the song with a smile on my face =)

Somewhere over the rainbow
way up high
in the land
that I heard of once
Once in a lullaby

Somewhere over the rainbow
skies are blue
and the dreams
that you dare to dream
really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star
and wake up
where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
away above the chimney tops
that's where you'll find me

Someday I'll wish upon a star
and wake up
where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
away above the chimney tops
that's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow
skies are blue
and the dreams...that you dare to dream
really do come true
If happy little bluebirds fly
above the rainbow, why
Oh, why can't I?


What a wonderful way to end my day (^^)V