Monday, 25 May 2009

Giam Kah Nah

Giam Kah Nah in hokkien means "salty olive" usually used to describe a very frugal person but with a little negative connotation (to the point of stingy) that time CY shortlisted the name "Ganah" (can't rmb spelling la) for his daughter I strongly advised him against it LOL

that day outside central@clarke quay, i saw a line of about 3-4 cars waiting for donno what...

me: ah yo, dear, why r these people here???
chris: see see see!!! these are the idiots who wait to enter ERP LATER so as to save 50 CENTS!!!
me: ha? ah yo... so wu liao...
chris: i'm sure some of your giam kah nah colleagues are like that!
me: no dear, my colleagues are not giam kah nah people...

then in the office over lunch i told them what chris said... got one colleague (i won't say who, need to protect her identity)

Colleague: LOL... that day we wanted to go plaza sing... the parking is first hour free and after 5pm is flat rate mah, so we tried to reach there around 4...
me: k..?
Colleague: but we were early so *giggle* we waited outside cathay there... until almost 4
me: -_________________-||| chris was right!
Colleague: LOL then got once S. wanted to cheong pass the gantry before 6pm (cos 6:01 the rate is more expensive mah) but the stupid car in front was too slow he passed it at 6:01!!!!
me: ...