Friday, 7 August 2009

Eskew Me, You Want Donate?

That day someone rang the door bell and because my door is usually open (so that it's not stuffy), i answered the bell and a lady was there. she said she was from singapore cancer society and i was like o....k..... so she went on and on about their programmes and at the end of the conversation, asked for a donation. the thing is, she said they don't accept cash but i can opt for a monthly deduction from my credit card! and before i could respond, she said...

lady: so can i have your IC number so that i can fill it up for you?

i was like -.-???!!! i have not even said i WANT to donate. i'm sorry but after several incidences (u guys know which ones i'm refering too), i'm quite skeptical about donating to such organisations. chris n i prefer to just give to church (n our church is not the famous ones in the papers LOL). so i said:

me: erm... i don't want to donate...
lady: oh i see. is there a reason?
me: (duh??!) yes, i am more cautious now after reports in the media regarding certain charitable organisations. i give to church and my church has a breast cancer support group so i guess, i'm doing a part too ^^
lady: oh but really, the people who suffer are the patients.. actually your neighbours have donated...
me: no sorry...

-.- really meh? my neighbours got give her their credit card number for monthly deduction?? i don't believe... should have said, "can i ask my neighbours first?" LOL actually i find it v unsafe to fill up my credit card number and pass the form to someone i don't even know... it's so insecure...

haiz, actually, if not for those wolf heart dog lung people who misuse funds, i'd still call during those charity shows... sadz for the patients.