Saturday, 22 August 2009

Fish Spa

I have been terribly overworked lately so i made up my mind that i die die also must leave early on thu to take time off to relax. i got 3 fish spa vouchers when i renewed my kenko package so decided to try out the new outlet at orchard central. i had two 10-min vouchers and a 30-min one and i kay kiang decided to use the 30-min one... i was quite excited at first but when i sat there and stared at the fish, i chickened out LOL i was so freaked out la. there are sooooo many of them. although i had the whole pool to myself (there were 3 pools. a father and daughter pair were using another one... the girl was just about 10 years old -.-) i tried to lower my feet into the water but somehow, there was a lot of inertia.... i was seated at the edge of the pool, my feet dangled above the water for a very long time... until i felt my stomach going to cramp... my masseuse coaxed me...

masseuse: slowly put in...
me: i don't dare! *squirm*
masseuse: try just dipping your right heel in
me: *heel touched water. OH MY TIAN!!!!! it felt like my heel was a magnet and the fish were iron nails. have u ever fed fish? u throw the bread in and they pppsssshhhhhh zhioooppppp attack the bread? ya! that was what happened!!!! except the food is your heel!* AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! VERIIIII TICKLISHHHHHHHH!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHH (retract heel)
father and daughter pair: >.> -.-|||
masseuse: ya it will be very ticklish at first but u will get used to it... try again
me: *dipped heel in* aaaahhhhhhh!!!! i cannot.... erm.... can i change voucher and do just 10-min?
masseuse: i check for you.... (came back) sorry miss, cannot, they chop the voucher already...
me: =((((

so i tried again... i loon and tahan and just plonked my feet in.... EERRRRRRR... AAAAHHHHHHH...... super ticklish....



but after a while, it was quite therapeutic... the masseuse came back to check on me...

masseuse: wa, still can take photo ah? that means u r ok already la =) want to try bigger fish?

LOL so i decided to progress to the larger fish... hahaha...


the experience was quite unique. my feet didn't feel baby soft but did feel smoother. i followed it up with a foot reflex and shouder massage and it felt really great ^^