Sunday, 6 September 2009

All Geared Up!


ok, i have packed my gear. it consists of:

camera
18-200 f/3.5-5.6
50mm f/1.4 (used to be 1.8 but that cheap one broke down and i didn't bother to repair it LOL)
15mm fish eye f/2.8
100mm macro f/2.8 (borrowed from jiahui)
filters (i only have 2: sunset and golden)
torchlight
compass
cable release
tripod

may seem like quite a lot but it's ikan bilis compared to what some people lug around k? but i just can't go on a holiday and bring a compact anymore... it's like u use broadband le cannot go back n use modem like that hahaha... so yeah, my camera stuff is quite heavy (for me at least) and i carry it myself (most of the time) k! i don't make chris carry (except tripod)

ok, my body... yes yes i am still using my 400D -.- i also want 5DMkII but no moneh moneh (come to think of it, my birthday is coming...hm...)!!! plus it's significantly heavier...

some people cannot tahan the 18-200 f/3.5-5.6 and i understand. i also want 24-70 f/2.8L and 70-200 f/2.8L but no moneh moneh (come to think of it, my birthday is coming...)! and those two giants probably weigh 3-4 times as much >.< and i'm just a frail girl, not big macho guy like roy...

so it's really a dilemma... picture quality vs back wellness... u want nice nice pic quality but broken back or so so pic quality but alive and well... so sometimes got to give and take la... it's like you want those pretty stilettos which may cause your calves to hurt or the simple pumps? (er... sorry, not very good analogy cos i will choose the heels LOL)

i've got no complains (so far) about my fisheye and 50mm f/1.4 use them quite a lot =)

why bring torchlight leh? well, to get to some places, you may have to pass through dark places so tis v useful.

compass is so that i know where the sun will set and rise ma... LOL

cable release is just in case la... like shooting macro...

tripod ah, ah ya it's like umbrella, u bring it just in case need to use. also good for couple shots when other people don't know how to use your camera, wonder why so low tech must put eye at viewfinder got no live view one or try to "zoom" your 50mm lens LOL (it happened before... -.-||| when i told the guy my lens cannot zoom he gave me the "why your camera lousier than my compact" look)