Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Japan Star Buy!


My best buy in Japan has to be the pair of made in Japan lambskin exterior, fur-lined interior, Gortex-soled boots. My normal boots are good for autumn only. They won't keep my feet protected from the cold in Shirakawa-go and Takayama. I knew i needed better boots so i waited til i came here to buy rather than buy them in singapore cos there's so much more variety here.

These kept me warm and dry from the snow plus they look pretty (cos got a bow with fur pom poms ^^) but are very very comfortable (i chose flats, no heels, cos got to walk on snow ma). Although they're better at anti-slip then regular boots (chris was like skidding around in his office shoes LOL), when it's really slippery, you'd still have to hold on... no spikes ma)

I showed them off to chris…
Me: hey dear, check out my GORTEX boots *hao lian look*
Chris: ha? Gortex? Say so ma, I also have… -.-
Me: ha? You have such high class material shoes????
Chris: ya, gahmen give me free one every year! =D
Me: -_________-||| but your gortex boots don’t have fur interior…
Chris: I go and stick on some fur for you la =D my gortex boots are really anti-slip you know!
Me: -.-
Chris: dear, you're weird you know... you like to wear gortex and beret in japan... >.<
Me: -.-

while walking around in biwako, kyoto...

me: i'm so glad i bought this pair of boots!! =D they're soooo comfortable!
chris: -.-

while exploring noritake garden in nagoya...

me: i'm so glad i bought this pair of boots!! =D they're soooo pretty!
chris: -.-

while walking to ise shrine...

me: i'm so glad i bought this pair of boots!! =D they're soooo comfortable! if it's my regular boots, they'd have killed me walking on these pebbles!
chris: -.-

while putting on shoes after visiting takayama government house...

me: i'm so glad i bought this pair of boots!! =D so easy to take off and put on! just zhioop out and zhioop in!
chris: -.-
me: dear dear dear, you have to sit down and wear your shoes ah... ah yo, so ma fan!
chris: -.-

while in shirakawa-go

me: i'm so glad i bought this pair of boots!! =D they keep me warm and dry!!
chris: -.- dear... i know... you REALLY like your boots... -.-
me: how you know?
chris: cos you've been saying "i'm glad i bought these boots!!!!" everywhere we go!
me: oh? hahaha =D