Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Restaurant Review: Imperial Treasures @ T3 (3.5*)

To avoid the crowds in town, we had Mothers' Day dinner at T3 but were quite disappointed with the food although it's imperial treasures. i guess we prefer the teochew one...

me: dear, what do u want to eat?
chris: i want pomfret!
me: no pomfret la! this is cantonese one
chris: oh...? ok...

yeah, their fish maw and sea cucumber are not nice one!! the teochew one at ngee ann city is sooooo much nicer!! they said "sea cucumber stuffed with minced prawn". in the teochew one, the sea cucumber is REALLY STUFFED with minced prawns... this one the sea cucumber is one piece, the minced prawn is a separate roll -.- like that called STUFFED meh?? and the sauce they use is not nice one. some gluey sauce with beaten egg whites... the teochew one is very very nice oyster sauce.

we had peking duck, winter melon soup which came in a huge winter melon half packed with loads of ingredients such as conpoy, scallops, fish maw, prawns, lotus seeds etc..., roasted pork, sea cucumber, fish maw, crispy chicken, asparagus with scallops, steamed soon hock and the duck meat from the peking duck was used to fry noodles.

what i really couldn't tahan was the waiter (foreigner) who DRAGGED his shoes piak piak piak piak piak like slippers whenever he walked around >.< it's a nice restaurant so i would expect the staff to walk properly, not like they're in a hawker centre. take plates piak piak piak piak piak, pour tea piak piak piak piak piak, get soy sauce piak piak piak piak piak...

and he doesn't know nuts...

me: is there a nothers' day set menu?
the guy: er...
me: *repeat question in mandarin*
the guy: i go and check *piak piak piak piak piak*

me: what's the soup of the day?
the guy: it's written there *point to menu*
me: it says SOUP. OF. THE. DAY... so, what's the soup of the day?
the guy: i go and check *piak piak piak piak piak*

my FIL asked for soy sauce he piak piak piak piak piak out then piak piak piak piak piak back with ONE DISH of soy sauce... so we had to pour from that dish into our own dishes... drip drip drip drip drip...

think the guy is new but still, they should have trained him more thoroughly... horrible service tsk tsk tsk