Thursday, 8 July 2010
I cooked this in the morning before going to work and it took only 5 mins to assemble (i prep the ingredients the night before)
so here's what i used and did...
- 1/4 honey pineapple cut into small pieces(i bought the cut into a cylinder with a hollow centre type from taka cold storage cos i happened to see it... i guess you can buy one slice from cut-fruits stalls)
- half pack of pineapple rice mix (paste-form)
- one skinless, boneless chicken thigh, cut into pieces, marinated with some light soy sauce, sesame oil, white pepper and about 1/2 tspn of the half pack of mix. can use seafood (like prawns and squid) instead.
- frozen mixed veg (i like watties because they give french beans as well)
- lap cheong (chinese sausage), sliced. i don't know about you but when i use lap cheong, i always peel off the "condom-ish" layer...
wrap with cling wrap, shove it into the fridge until ready to use.
garnish (to be packed separately then refrigerate):
- ba hoo (pork floss)
- roasted/salted cashews (toast for about 5 mins in oven toaster just before serving will be nice but no need to if lazy)
- fried shallot (which i didn't have)
some chili padi with soy sauce or fish sauce will be nice =)
so you prep all these the day before then in the morning when you wake up, before you wash face etc, put 1 cup of washed rice and measure water as per normal (like you are cooking rice) into rice cooker, scoop out some of the water to mix with the paste (cos very difficult to dissolve paste completely in the water in the rice cooker) then pour dissolved paste back into rice cooker. add mixed veg and stir lightly, add chicken and sausages.
press cook and go do what you need (wash face, da pian, make-up etc).
after button pops, let it steam for 10 mins more. for me, i just open lid after i put make-up. stir it around to mix then stir in pineapple. put into two lunchboxes and let it cool lightly before you cover.
heat in microwave oven (optional) and garnish before eating =)
Posted by Ann at 08:00