Friday, 6 August 2010

Do You Have Kids?

today a few of us went to visit a colleague who just gave birth and her mother-in-law is v cute... when we ooh and ahhh that the baby is so cute... she said...

aunty: quick la! quick go and have one yourselves!
(i'm the only married one)
me: er aunty, they're not married... i am the only one
aunty: quick la go n have!
me: er..
aunty: do you have kids?
me: erm... y....a...
aunty: ha! how many?
me: erm... t...w...o... one boy one girl... (my colleagues all giggle...)
aunty: wa! how old?
me: erm... about t...w...o...
aunty: good la 2 already easier... wa, you r v slim neh! after giving birth to 2 still so slim...
me: erm... hm...

then somehow the small talk moved toward the subject of breastfeeding...

aunty: so did you breastfeed that time?
me: erm... n... o...
aunty: oh so both also drink formula ah?
me: er... hehe -______-|||
aunty: did you do natural birth or caesarian?

at this point, i couldn't keep up anymore so i told her the truth...

me: aunty, i was pulling your leg... my kids are my pets! =)
aunty: ha? haha... quickly go n have!

haha... should have told her i adopted... hahaha...