Lately cartoon profile pics have been popping up on Facebook to show support for anti-child abuse so I went in search of Strawberry Shortcake.
Boy, I was surprised to find that the new Strawberry Shortcake (right) looks so different... The old one (left) was plump, had many freckles and very curly hair...
she seems to have underwent:
- surgery to make eyes bigger (possibility cut double eyelid)
- eyelash extension (or maybe just used a very good mascara)
- nose job (see, her nose is now smaller)
- laser to remove most of her freckles
- botox to make her face more oval
- hair extension + treatment + highlight
Notice she is also wearing lipstick, coloured contact lens (green), is revealing more flesh and has a sexier pose...
Golly... if even cartoon characters need to fit societal norms of "beauty", imagine what our young girls will grow up believing... this is very worrying... =(